Can a Divorce Lawyer Help Me Modify Child Support?

The law expects both parents of a minor child to contribute to the child’s financial support and maintenance. If the parents are married, or living together, the law presumes that both parents are doing their part to contribute to the child’s future.   If the parents are divorced, or never lived together to begin with, the law usually requires one parent to pay child support to the other parent.   What happens though, if you are unable to pay your child support as ordered by the court at some point? If you find yourself in that situation right now, the worst thing you can do is to do nothing. Doing nothing will eventually result in serious negative consequences. Instead, you should contact an experienced Tennessee divorce lawyer to help you modify your existing child support order. How Child Support Is Initially Ordered In the State of Tennessee, child support is one of the issues found in the “Parenting Plan” that the parties to a divorce are required to submit to the cou


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s